Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos SD&A Operation seeks a senior Program Director with a demonstrated history of executing programs and delivering P&L targets in a highly-regulated commercial businesses. This Program Director will have the proven ability to operate a business with multiple service/product offerings, a track record of building and sustaining a culture of operational excellence, and a proven ability to execute to an annual operating plan.
• Ensuring the SD&A Ports and Borders division meets financial and operational business targets in the programs assigned; executing appropriate business rhythms and processes necessary to achieve short and long-term objectives
• This Program Director, and their staff, serve as the primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions and driving program cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Developing a staff of PMs to execute delivery, installation, and service contracts across the region.
• Overseeing the internal operations and functions of the business necessary to drive program execution.
Develop strong partnerships across the Division P&L and functional leadership (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal, and Quality) driving a culture of precision-delivery and high accountability for meeting plans.
Challenging the organization to drive technical and process innovations and robust solution development into the current portfolio of contracts and customers
Ensure all program and contract deliverables are met, drive internal and external customers in the completion and optimization of contract performance
Interfaces with all major subcontractors to discuss program status and cost/schedule performance.
Coordinates proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications.
Disseminates contract or proposal requirements to all team members. Performs or delegates, as required, internal sand customer coordinator of activities.
• Requires a BA/BS and 8 plus years experience or a Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Experience providing solutions and services to the U.S. federal market as well as the commercial market
• Experience in leading Program execution functions that ensure excellent delivery of products and services to customers
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of an organization
• Proven ability to support and extend a culture where employees are motivated to succeed through collaboration, commitment, and clear and open communications
• Demonstrated ability to support and promote inclusion across an organization
• Must possess exceptional and interpersonal communication skills, have the ability to both inspire and motivate the employee population
• Ability to attract and retain the best talent; ability to build a high-performance team; and develop leaders and competent staff members for the organization
• Ability to build cross-organizational and geographically dispersed teams with collaborative work styles and common desire for performance excellence and customer service
• Willingness and desire to invest time in coaching and mentoring others
• Fluent in Spanish is preferred
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries.
Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
See how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting the link below!
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.