Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Engineers (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Research, design, develop, or test of electronic components and systems for development and sustainment of hardware-in-the-loop facilities, interfacing with tactical and non-tactical systems, and test equipment
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Assist in resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Derive from the system electrical requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Be an active participant in the Technical Directive Proposal process.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 25+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree, or a PhD. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Experience developing basic data and making preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposals
- Use of requirement management tools
- Knowledge of JIRA, Sharepoint or other management and communication tools
- Proven team leader with the ability to direct technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Experience designing and developing electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment based on user requirements
- Applicable engineering certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.