Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Physicists (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Conduct research into physical phenomena, develop theories on the basis of observation and experiments, and devise methods to apply physical laws and theories
- Design, develop, evaluate, and analyze in such areas as: distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification, and simulation and model development
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision-making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions
- May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation
- Develop solutions that are highly innovated, and achieved through research and integration of best practices
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program operations
- Lead and manage work of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project
- Work to convince others to accept area’s understand of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs
- Design and execute key experiments to verify theoretical models for small signal processing
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers in order to develop proof of concept, prototype, and production-ready systems
- Lead preliminary and critical design reviews during the product development process
- Provide regular project technical status reports to management
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 25+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree, or a PhD. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Strong knowledge of statistics, modeling (Geant/MCNP)
- Hands on experience in experimental physics
- Advanced understanding of Physics and mechanical systems
- Ability to carefully design, conduct, and document scientific experiments
- Knowledge and experience in US Army Aviation, Missile, and MDA Strategic Systems
- Experience with C++, C#, Python
- Experience with innovative solutions and problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with Product Development Process.
- Familiarity with modern deep learning methods (eg., deep convolutional neural networks) and tools (Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, and/or
- Experience with data analysis and statistical methods
- Experience developing simulations / models, monte carlo methods, methods of moments, and/or finite difference methods
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.