Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Software Developers (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, or general computing applications
- Design, develop, evaluate, and analyze in such areas as: distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification, and simulation and model development
- Set operational specifications; formulate and analyze software requirements
- May design embedded systems software
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Work within an Agile / SecDevOps software sustainment environment
- Develop customer requirements based on use cases and other customer input
- Analyze customer requirements (through proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate with the customer and within the team
- Develop software based on customer requirements and generate accompanying documentation based on contractual requirements and best practices (ex. SDD, user manuals, etc)
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods
- Coordinate closely with team members, product owners and Scrum Masters to ensure user story alignment and implementation of customer use cases
- Define infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 10+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree, or a PhD. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- In-depth experience in the software development lifecycle
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, based on development language
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Bash
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Experience in software development using languages such as C++,C#, , Java
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Experience as an Agile SCRUM master
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with development leveraging cloud data services (ex: S3, RDS, EFS)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.