Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Operations is seeking multiple talented System Administrators and Senior System Administrators to support a high performance scientific computing solution for our Public Health Division in Atlanta, GA.
The System Administrator / Sr. System Administrator will support the CDC scientific high performance computing infrastructure managing hardware, operating systems, system software, VMs, and networking. The candidates provide secure and always-on infrastructure services, accessed by researchers to customer-sponsored data hosted in an on-premise infrastructure and the cloud, and secure access to the CDC high performance computing resources for scientific researches. The ideal candidates should have experience with multiple OS experience on different variations of Linux (e.g., Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu LTS). Depending on assignment, core responsibilities will cover a combination of the following areas:
- VMware VShpere for virtual server provisioning, deployment, and configuration and for HW and SW implementation and maintenance.
- System monitoring, routine and ad hoc security patch management, and backup and DR.
- Trouble shooting, performance tuning, installation, and support of scientific applications for HPC clusters.
- Managing multi-petabtyes of data using Avere FXT Edge Filer, EMC Isilon network attached storage, Cloudian object storage, and Pure Storage flash memory storage, or similar products.
- HPC networking, and HPE block.
- Planning, developing, and implementing cloud strategy (AWS or Azure) and providing coaching and training to researchers and other users.
- Configuration, monitoring, tuning, user access control of Hadoop environment
The System Administration team responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and ever greening of processes, procedures, and technical controls and enhancements required to maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO) for a General Support System (GSS) with a Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 Security Categorization of High. The System Administrators develop the infrastructure deliverables, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, threat mitigation and incident response, security architecture support, critical infrastructure protection, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management, information assurance, and Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation.
Additional duties include:
- Develop, deploy and manage the introduction of new capabilities, and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities, providing technical council as needed
- Leverage experience and industry best practices to design and implement solutions
- Develop, lead and participate in the build and implementation per detailed designs, executive briefings, data flow diagrams, and other supporting design and development documentation.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and client team members across the program, and as needed, present task status, provide technical council, and/or alternative designs, solutions, and or processes to leadership.
- Identify business requirements that affect the EA and provide technical infrastructure solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, engineering, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5+ years (System Administrator) or 10+ years (Senior System Administrator) of industry experience in the areas of infrastructure engineering
- Proven work experience on Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure with a focus on building and leveraging open source and native cloud services.
- Established knowledge and experience with networking including domain controllers, active directory, and other core infrastructure essentials to include security.
- Experience supporting Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Experience with problem/incident management.
- Experience managing different variation of Linux OS
- Experience supporting a high performance computing infrastructure
- High level of proficient managing VM infrastructure
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert are highly desired.
- Experience working at the CDC or other federal government agencies
- Experience supporting Trusted Internet Connection (TIC)
- Large scale infrastructure design and implementation project experience
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- VMWare Certification
- Implementation experience with AWS/Azure (e.g.: SECDEVOPS engineer experience, service management , container to cluster migration)
- Understanding of network design and management - LAN, WAN, and VPN.
- Experience optimizing Cloud utilization patterns, support development, validation, operations, and security with migration experience from an on-premises model to a hybrid model.
- Knowledgeable with OAuth2 and/or other authentication models to enable access by external partners
- Working experience with Kurbernetes and data interoperability with a variety of laboratory systems (e.g., ClarityLIMS, eLIMS, and FluLIMS).
- Experience managing federal SA&A processes - developing security plans, facilitating POA&M items resolution, implementing HSPD-12 authentication, building secure IT infrastructure.
- Experience using Trusted Agent and managing Level III SW approval process
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.