Leidos has a career opening for a Navy Field Office Manager (FOM)
Headquarters location is Reston, VA, but substantial engagement will be accomplished remotely and in various locations, including Fleet concentration areas. Remote work and travel are expected.
The Navy Field Office Manager (FOM) will work closely with the Navy Strategic Account Executive and Leidos senior leadership to strengthen and advance trusted relationships with the United States Navy, a Leidos strategic customer, with the objective of increasing revenue and growing Navy business. The FOM must have proven skills and an in depth knowledge of current and evolving Navy missions, budgetary processes, current and developing Navy doctrine, operational concepts, and requirements, and the Navy’s role within joint U.S. military operations. The FOM should be familiar with, and remain current regarding high level Navy uniformed and civilian leadership, as well as leadership throughout the Department of Defense. The position will also support Leidos Government Affairs Representatives in interacting with the Navy. The position will not include lobbying on behalf of Leidos. The FOM will be functionally aligned under the Navy Strategic Account Executive, and will deal closely with Navy and maritime business leaders across Leidos to help shape strategy and increase Navy business. The ability to shape campaign level efforts for large, high payoff opportunities, is a plus.
General responsibilities include: assisting Leidos Navy SAE, Leadership, and Navy business development teams in identifying, qualifying, and supporting capture and closure on Navy business opportunities; facilitating needs identification; promoting relevant corporate capabilities; and communicating directly with senior Navy leadership as detailed by the following specific responsibilities:
- Capture Operations. Advise and assist capture teams with shaping proposals in support of Navy opportunities, to win Navy business
- Business Development. Help identify future Navy opportunities, and significant areas of effort, that align with Leidos capabilities, and provide advice on impactful IRAD and/or M&A investments.
- Customer Relations. Maintain awareness of Fleet priorities, intentions, and issues. Facilitate engagement between Navy leadership and Leidos leadership, in support of business growth
- Strategic Planning. Assist with Leidos planning and alignment for future business through understanding of Navy strategic plans, and required actions for Leidos to grow Navy business.
- Thought Leadership. Assist with shaping Leidos strategic communications, to help the Navy customer understand Leidos capabilities and potential Navy contributions, and build the Leidos brand.
- Bachelor’s degree and 30+ years or equivalent and extensive professional knowledge of the U.S. Navy, with leadership experience and insight at senior levels. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must possess extensive understanding of Navy customers, doctrine, concepts, budget process, fleet priorities and processes, and requirements.
- Familiarity and ability to help represent Leidos solutions, services, technologies, and capabilities to senior Navy customers.
- Proven ability to work with, and advise, a complex, multi-faceted organization with a wide range of customer offerings.
- Ability to help inform internal strategy and shape capture activities.
- Intimate knowledge of Navy customers, and ability to help develop, and sustain relationships at highest levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
- Eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Desired personal attributes include: Team-Player, Strong Social Skills, Excellent Problem Solving Skills, and Well-Developed Personal and Professional Network.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Account Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.