The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos currently has an opening for a Material Control Team Member in Atlanta, GA.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide logistic and supply chain management support to the Assistance Secertary Prepardess Response (ASPR), Strategic National Stockpiled (SNS). In this mission you will assist in ensuring the SNS inventory is ready for deployment 24 x 7 in the event of emergency. The successful candidate will provide logistics and supply chain management, shipping and receiving, warehousing and document control to faciliate and maintain the highest level of mission readiness while employing innovative supply chain solution.
- Perform materiel management functions and data entry required to maintain inventory and financial records.
- Develop and maintain reporting system or program measures of effectiveness in the support of customer requirements and readiness objectives.
- Ensure that the items are packaged, labeled, shipped, and delivered in accordance with the requirements.
- Assist in managing critical aspects of the development, production, deployment and integrated logistics support of systems, supplies and equipment.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of inventory management.
- Submit regular logistics performance summaries and reports to FMS Team Lead.
- Be responsible for meeting inventory management’s goals and objectives.
- Assist with all supply chain logistics operations including warehousing, packaging and shipping/receiving.
- Be responsible for assisting in planning and conducting FMS annual inventory audits.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge in logistics, supply chain management (shipping, receiving, warehousing, stock rotation, etc.), warehouse management systems and document control.
- Must be able to perform data entry transactions in inventory and database management system (s).
- Must be able to compose analytical report (s), and perform research analysis (Quality Assurance, Audits, and Discrepancies) using an inventory system (s).
- Strong understanding and capabilities in utilizing naming and numbering conventions for receiving, shipping, recording, filing, transferring, transmitting, retrieving and archiving document (s).
- Required to be on-call 24 hour/7 days a week. Must be able to respond to mission alerts within 15 minutes with a recall of 90 minutes to report to designated location. Must carry a cell phone at all times.
- Must be able to identify error (s), problem (s), or non-standard situations and suggest alternative (s).
- Must be proficient in common software, particularly with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Warehousing experience is required.
- Ability to lift up-to 50 lbs.
- Warehousing and Supply Chain experience.
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience.
- Broad knowledge of the mission, function and practices of Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention /ASPR preferred.
- Knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures outlines in the Federal Response Plan preferred.
Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.