Program Manager Responsibilities:
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Program Manager on a Cyber Security Center contract. The candidate is responsible for managing a team providing 24x7 security operations to Government. The PM shall serve as the main point of contact (POC) to receive and collaborate on all work requests, including developing and maintaining project plans, project and task order management, schedule and deliverable management, and manage all program risk. The PM will effectively manage subcontractors as needed. Additionally, the PM will provide support to government CISO and other government leadership at operational planning meetings, assess resource requirements, and assist in project/program management activities and communication plans. Candidate must have experience of program management in delivery of complex information systems or computer network support services, and shall have demonstrated capabilities to analyze highly complex cyber security and network issues, recommended plans of action for SOC staff (including both contractor and government personnel), and manage teams supporting resolution of these issues.
The PM serves as the POC for the following administrative/management responsibilities: team schedule and leave management, time reporting, training, performance reviews, evaluations, and other activities, as required. Responsible for scheduling and managing all financial aspects of the program including travel and other direct costs; and communicating with Government on issues that pertain to management objectives, employee morale, program decisions, and program related matters.
Assigned duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves as the main escalation point for program in relation to process or project related services and operational support.
• Serves as the main POC for all security-related matters on program.
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing all onboarding/off boarding protocol for all program personnel.
• Work collaboratively with Customer to achieve project results and report deliverables as required.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an effective staffing and recruiting plan including a pipeline of cleared candidates.
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Program Management Plan and risk register to include all program risks and issues tracked to closure.
• Responsible for maintaining, executing, an updating an effective program Communication plan.
• Assist in the direction, development, and management of the Leidos Civil organization’s cyber teams.
• Assist in defining metrics for operational and service performance reporting.
• Monitor and analyze assigned system(s) performance and evaluate metrics.
• Take a Lead role in various management activities. Examples include cost management, EAC development, hiring, scheduling and managing of personnel, travel and other direct costs; and communicating with Government on issues that pertain to program and personnel objectives.
• Lead and grow teams within the assigned business line, actively and effectively manage relationships with government management and Contractors.
• Provide training and brown bag informational sessions to the entire team regarding a variety of operational and security topics.
• Facilitate Kaizen events, and other engagement workshops with the program team.
• Provide assistance to the CivilIT, EMS, and other proposal development processes.
Work is performed at the government Silver Spring, MD location. Team is geographically dispersed but mainly at the Silver Spring location with the customer. Monthly and/or weekly travel to customer sites in Boulder, CO and Fairmont, WV is required.
Five or more years working in Project Management roles.
Five or more years working within networking, information assurance and/or cybersecurity operations, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, firewall deployment, and security event analysis.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience managing a Security Operations Center (SOC) or other equivalent cyber organization.
Must possess demonstrated capabilities to analyze highly complex cyber security and network issues, recommend plans of action for the Leidos SOC Team and SOC Government staff, and manage the resolution of these issues.
Must be US Citizen.
Professional certification to include PMP and CISSP. Equivalent industry certifications maybe be submitted if approved by Leidos hiring manager and/or Customer agency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.