The Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA) currently has an opening for a User Interface / User Experience (UI/UX) Designer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your interface design experience to help the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Skyborg mission. In this mission Leidos is developing the Skyborg Autonomy Core System (ACS) and provides inputs to Human-Machine Interface (HMI) design for the command-and-control of autonomous air vehicles, mission planning, and debrief capabilities.
• Developing personas, user flows and scenarios, goal/task analyses, and other key tools of user-centered design
• Develop high-fidelity wireframes and mockups for command-and-control interfaces
• Work closely with engineers, software developers, and behavioral scientists throughout the product lifecycle
• Conduct industry research and stay current on best practices, competitor user interface designs, and emerging technologies
• Participate in user research activities and test events that inform the design of our products
• 2+ years of experience in UI/UX design and development principles
• Experience using wireframing tools such as Adobe XD, Basalmiq, Axure, Figma, etc.
• Experience working in Agile teams
• Strong visual design skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field
• Portfolio of previous UI design projects
• Ability to obtain security clearance
• Government / Military domain experience
• Graduate degree or equivalent certificate in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field
• Secret Level Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Human Factors Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.