Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Computer Security Systems Specialist (Lead) for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in Fort Meade, MD.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues.
- Designs, develops, engineers and implements solutions to MLS requirements. Responsible for the implementation and development of the MLS.
- Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena.
- Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Provides technical support for secure software development and integration tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adhering to the design concept and to user standards.
- Knowledgeable of Security/Information Assurance (IA) products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
- Analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Provide on-site support to each cyber operational stakeholder team during regular business
- Shall function as the embedded Subject Matter Expert at their operational location for current and future UCSA tools.
- Provide on-demand response to the cyber analyst teams to create dynamic analytics, visualizations and analytic capabilities while providing testing and training support, and supporting critical mission needs.
- Maintain relevant advanced user certifications of products that are within the suite of UCSA tools
- Work directly with the analysts and stakeholders at each operational location to investigate questions raised by operations personnel to help improve operational effectiveness of the tools inside of the UCSA environment.
- Support decomposition of requirements, and use cases from the operational users/stakeholders and provide support to standardize content and tool development across the user community.
- Valuate any user developed scripts or visualizations for correct design and performance optimization.
- Advise the UCSA Business Relationship Manager on operational practices, processes and policies, how that can/may influence program actions, and advises the UCSA PM on how project plans and actions will/may affect operations.
- Assist in conveying information to/from the end users in developing/deploying any corrective actions.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Can be waived if approved by the Prime.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoD 8570/DoD 8140, minimum IAT II.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.