Leidos is seeking a Hardware System Engineering Manager/ILS Lead who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM), which is a Next Generation (NextGen) technology making air travel more efficient, safer and environmentally friendly.
The TFDM program is based on airport surface management concepts developed under NextGen direction and will help save time and fuel, reduce emissions, and improve the experience for the flying public.
TFDM will share data among controllers, aircraft controllers, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
Hardware System Engineering Manager and ILS Lead Responsibilities:
• Manage the Hardware Engineering and Maintenance Implementation Engineering organizations supporting FAA Terminal and Oceanic programs (TFDM, TBFM and ATOP)
• Scheduling and Cost Control Account Management (CAM) for the assigned control accounts ensuring resource availability, performance execution to plan and accurate earn value management analysis and variance reporting.
• Collaborate with program management and engineering leadership to meet all program objectives and ensuring risks are identified and mitigated.
• ILS Manager ensures the TFDM system; support tools and services are integrated in a manner that will sustain the system, its functions and performance capability over the full system life cycle.
• Direct ILS team in the design and performance of preventative and corrective maintenance services as well as supply management and other logistics element functions in an automated logistics management environment.
• Facilitate or lead weekly ILS and Hardware meetings, participating in various program meetings and customer program reviews, participating in weekly Depot TIMs, and ensure delivery of Logistics CDRLs.
• Provide technical management of the Contract Depot Logistics Support (CDLS) effort and of the fielded hardware maintenance activities.
• Oversight and management of the TFDM Program’s Tech Manual and Training areas to ensure on-time development and delivery of the programs Air Traffic and Tech Ops Technical Manuals and Training Course materials.
• Primarily POC with the FAA PMO and SLE on all items Logistic and Hardware related.
• Support staff with problem solving, risk identification/mitigation, while breaking down barriers impeding performance. Including assisting the staff in career development, process improvement ideas.
• Perform all HR related tasks associated with line management are performed on time and with high quality.
• Support proposals as they arise and perform workload-staffing projections monthly based on current and pending work.
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.