The Software Engineer will work individually and in a collaborative team-focused environment. Seeking a Software Engineer to analyze user needs, develop software solutions, and a strong Linus and Ruby on Rails skills to work on building and maintaining a high availability system.
The candidate will have an in-depth software engineering knowledge to write code that successfully manipulates data. The candidate will demonstrate experience in working with Ruby on Rails – Linux platform, web-based development. The candidate will demonstrate experience in design, development, debugging and deploying the project. Will provide tier 3 support for production issues and work closely with project stakeholders to imagine and implement new features and functionality. Will partner with security and O&M teams to mitigate any identified security and compliance issues. Project core is written in Ruby on Rails with a Java Script frontend and SQL database. A background in DevOps, AWS and RESTful services is a plus.
The work required shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Write scripts and profiles for analytical applications
- Build complex profits, align tools, and tailor databases and applications, which successfully process extremely large data repositories
- Provide quick-response tailoring to software by writing scripts
- Design and customize software for analytical use to optimize analytical efficiency and streamline the workflow
- Develop and write computer applications to store, locate, and retrieve specific document’s, data, and information
- Maintain updates and enhance software products
- Document code changes or revisions by using version control and revision logs descriptions
- Optimize actions by recognizing where it is necessary and expected to work with other team members and across groups to improve success
- Evaluate existing software products and makes on-going improvements to the analytical toolbox
- Coordinate with the POC and other team members to ensure problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction
- Update applications, databases and tools for customers with changing demands
- Conduct testing for programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct
- Write, update, and maintain programs or software packages to handle specific jobs related to analysis of large data sets
- Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Collaborate with other technical resources and customers to select appropriate design solutions and to ensure the compatibility with system
- Design valid user-criteria testing, prior to production release of software
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8+ years’ experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience in the following:
- 3+ years with Object Oriented programming (OOP) language
- 3+ years with Relational database
- 3+ years with Git or similar version control
- 1+ year with Full Life-Cycle Agile Software Developer
- Experience in the following:
- 3+ years coding in Ruby
- 3+ years with Rails 5.0 (or newer)
- 3+ years with MySQL
- 3+ years with Linux
- 3+ years with RESTful Web Services
- 3+ years with Nginx/Puma/Passenger experience
- 3+ years with AWS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.