The Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) at their Bridgewater location to oversee the implementation and maintenance of their SIPR system, keeping it compliant with all Government and Customer standards. This position reports directly to the Regional Information Assurance Manager (RIAM).
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience assisting contract(s) mission. This position will support program(s) and project(s) housed at that location. The ISSM will establish and document standard security procedures in accordance with the NIST RMF and DAAPM requirements. The ISSM will coordinate with business area managers /professional staff on system security compliance. The ISSM will be responsible for maintaining the SIPR accreditation. They will conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. This will include, but not be limited to ensuring that all software, hardware and firmware changes recorded as required by established configuration management procedures. The ISSM will ensure implementation of security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable governing policies and procedures. Assist in performing IS security briefings to authorized individuals prior to those users gaining access classified information systems. Report all security incidents to the ISSO and FSO, and be required to investigate, document and report, as well as provide protective and corrective measures in response to such incidents. In addition, the ISSM will handle the management of COMSEC keys in conjunction with Security.
- Configuration, setup and maintenance contractor SIPR system
- Verify and maintain security configuration of the Information System
- Manage daily break/fix scenarios, updates, backups, monitoring and user management
- Secure and maintain all components IAW established Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and customer directives
- Patch and anti-virus definition management
- Hardware troubleshooting (COTS PC, printer, networks, and encryption hardware)
- Monitor customer request and tasking to ensure requirements are addressed in a timely manner according to priority
- Participate in Regional and Corporate Information Assurance working groups
- Provide Information Assurance consultation to the Program Management and Security staff at the Bridgewater location
- Assist Security in preparation for DCSA inspections
- Work with system administration staff to be able to pass a CCRI
- DoD 8570 compliant IA certification for IAM I (Security+, etc)
- Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAM II certification within 6 months of hire date
- Bachelors’ degree and 8+ years of experience
- Solid working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance with the last investigation completed within 6 years
- Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
- Comfortable working in an environment without immediate supervision
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework
- Experience with NIST 800-53
- Knowledgeable on the DAAPM contents
- Shell Scripting
- Windows Certifications
- COMSEC experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.