The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking Rhapsody Developer candidates for the engineering team to support and complete the tasks necessary to design and implement a methodology to enable the program to track the transmission of messages and provide additional related services supporting in the interfaces for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generate interface system design
- Generate and review system design for new use cases
- Produce interface code and configuration
- Generate and peer review code deliverables
- Code of applications, interfaces, modules, components and reports
- Complete testing plan and checklists
- Produce requested Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM) deliverables
- Maintain applications, code, interfaces, modules, components and reports.
- Perform knowledge transfer to cross functional Engineering Teams
- Create technical documentation
- Follow configuration management processes implemented
- Assist with additional integration efforts as needed.
- Work with architecture team to develop and update processes and procedures for new and existing interfaces.
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Design and implementation of EHR system interfaces
- Software development methodologies
- Software coding techniques
- Cybersecurity implementations.
- BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain an ADP IT-II Public Trust Clearance based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Federal Government requirement.
- Strong hands on Rhapsody development experience required.
- Proven experience with:
- Java or Java script programming
- HL7 version 2.x messaging
- HL7 FHIR
- Implementing solutions based on Implementation Guides
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based IT systems.
- Experience with Rhapsody integration engines and maintaining system interfaces.
- Familiar with EAI, web services and interface messaging standards.
- Knowledge of integration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with large-scale enterprise system of systems integration and deployment
- Experience with Cerner EHR implementations
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
- Using latest Lyniate Rhapsody Integration Engine (6.x)
- Using Rhapsody Developer Kit (RDK) to create custom filters, mappers, etc.
- Custom message payload translation from one format (e.g., JSON, XML, HL7) to a different format (e.g. proprietary/legacy format)
- Experience using web services, SOAP, REST, OAUTH, TCP-connections, LLP, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.