Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Technical Writers (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Originate and prepare written material, such as scripts, stories, advertisements, and other material
- Experience developing technical manuals – maintenance and/or training and/or operational manuals for DoD programs
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and express technical information in written form such that it is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Draft, expand, refine and edit architecture documents, technical concepts or solutions into an easy to read, comprehensive, compliant and compelling documents.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and government regulations
- Create compelling White Papers and other documents
- Interact with the customer and technical team members for content development
- Become familiar and comply with government style guides
- Ensure documents are in the correct format, are grammatically correct, contain proper punctuation, capitalization, correct spelling, are internally consistent, and contain proper references, footnoting, and pagination
- Monitor routing, signature approval process, and workflow of assigned documents to ensure document meets project schedule timelines
- Consult with authors regarding document content, readability, consistency, and validate sources referenced within the document
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret level clearance
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently
- Prior experience reviewing and correcting deliverable documents
- Familiarity with peer review processes, including defect creation and resolution
- Ability to work with both document authors and the quality assurance team to adjudicate peer review findings
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding communication, writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills.
- Expertise using MS Office Suite including Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Graphic creation and editing experience
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- MS Office Certifications
- Previous experience with DoD programs
- Ability to collaborate with program analysts, stakeholders, and Operations Support Group personnel to clarify messaging, document objectives, factual correctness, and customer preferences
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as with others
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts using strong organizational and facilitation skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.