Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Statisticians (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information
- May specialize in fields such as bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, or economic statistics
- Perform complex statistical and mathematical analysis in support of S3I peer review process
- Provide continued development of a platform that supports continuous evolution for increased accuracy and robustness of the recommendation
- Develop and Standardized SQL scripts
- Develop a robust data validation methodology
- Curated dataset for analyses and upgrade
- Establish deviation standard and upgrade the scripts for accuracy
- Analyze variance and upgrade the software
- Use data and present other information related to performance and evaluation for the dissemination of mission systems analysis and other program data in the form of presentations, reports, slides and other materials for high level tasks forces and committees.
- Assign work to team members, setting deadlines to accomplish tasks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in DoD programs
- Active Secret level clearance
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Python, Pearl, C++
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets, performing predictive analytics such as machine learning and data mining
- Experience with the application of statistical tools and the analysis of HWIL/Virtual Simulation
- Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions
- Experience with handling large data sets, generate predictive regression models (logistic and multivariate) and apply machine learning algorithm such as random forest, elastic net
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical customers
- Experience developing analysis plans and statistical reports
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction
- Experience with developing machine learning algorithms for object detection and recognition, large-scale indexing and retrieval and multimedia understanding
- Statistical programming experience using SAS and SUDAAN with complex survey data, including SAS macro programming and design of data management systems for error checking and SAS report writing
- Technical experience with data management, dataset creation, data analysis and report generation
- Experience with large data set, longitudinal data analysis, and large public health datasets
- Experience in survey methods and survey design
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.