Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Corporation is seeking a Travel Coordinator responsible for international/domestic transportation scheduling, and other travel requirements of National Science Foundation (NSF) Grantee, subcontractor, and Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) personnel deploying to Antarctica.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AT LEAST ONE WEEK OF 24/7 ON CALL SUPPORT PER MONTH**
- Scheduling Participants related to training, conferences, off-site meetings, and temporary duty assignments.
- Interfaces with personnel from the National Science Foundation, Grantees, ASC employees, subcontractors, and other USAP Participants by telephone, e-mail and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Properly documents all communication.
- Ensures compliance with all travel policies and procedures and follows appropriate action for any deviations.
- Responsible for coordinating deployment, international and domestic travel for all ASC sponsored business, to include: Antarctic deployment, business related training, conferences, off-site meetings, and transportation to the research vessels.
- Processes international and domestic Travel Request Worksheets (TRW) within the ASC required time limits for the most cost-efficient travel arrangements, ensuring that travel is authorized and charged to the proper charge code.
- Updates and maintains deployment records for all USAP participants deploying through Christchurch, New Zealand and Punta Arenas, Chile.
- Acts immediately to resolve discrepancies.
- Creates and distributes deployment arrival and hotel requests and works closely with the travel offices in Santiago and Punta Arenas, Chile and Christchurch, New Zealand to ensure that deployment travel information is supplied in a timely manner, and tracks and communicates all itinerary changes immediately.
- Schedules and coordinates orientations with HR and Finance.
- Responsible for proper delivery of tickets and travel information.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Ensures all Private Identification Information (PII) with the utmost discretion and confidentiality, to include: dates of birth, home addresses, and travel information.
- Employees and contractors may, in the course of performing their official duties, have access to a wide variety of personal identifiable and sensitive information (PII/SI) electronically and in hard copy.
- Personal and sensitive data including Social Security numbers, date and place of birth, demographic data, home addresses/telephone numbers/personal email addresses, passport numbers, bank account numbers, performance reviews, reviewer identity tied to performance reviews, unfunded proposals, proprietary parts of funded proposals, and other similar information should be protected according to Federal regulations and United States Antarctic Program policy, and only disclosed in accordance with the United States Antarctic program requirements.
- Domestic travel required to support quarantining participants deploying to Antarctica.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years’ experience working with MS office products.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance, if requested by the customer. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Domestic travel will be required for Cohort support.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
This role is covered by the Service Contract Act. The pay range for this position will be $20.00 per hour to $26.00 per hour.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Secretarial
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.