Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Logisticians (all levels) new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Analyze and coordinate the ongoing logistical functions of a firm or organization.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Perform system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems
- Control the flow of goods, services and information between the point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements as well as ensure the execution and improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Comprehensive knowledge of supply shipping, receiving, warehousing, inventory processes, and related regulations
- Intricate knowledge of analytical techniques and causative research skills to identify areas of needed emphasis to recommend improvements
- Operational skill and knowledge of the automated supply systems utilized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to conduct meetings, prepare reports, create plans, and write working instructions necessary to execute procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Prior logistics management experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impact on the area of responsibility
- Previous leadership experience for entire projects or processes spanning multiple professional areas
- Willingness to coaching and mentor lower level professionals
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.