Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Training and Development Specialists (all level) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Design or conduct work-related training and development programs to improve individual skills or organizational performance
- Analyze organizational training needs or evaluate training effectiveness
- Responsible for instructing customers or employees on services, procedures, processes, techniques, tactics, products, or skills developments
- Participation in course definition and development, but the primary focus is course delivery
- Keep abreast of training and development research, learning theory, motivation theory and new training methods and techniques
- Fully comprehend and be able to apply all course objectives and teaching points.
- Prepare classroom facilities for instruction
- Prepare and execute online course instruction and conduct synchronous learning sessions
- Deliver course by informing, showing, facilitating practice, and evaluating participants’ analytic tradecraft through joint analytic exercises
- Respond to participant and staff needs during and outside of course delivery, such as resolving logistical or technical issues
- Lead the team to determine the learning need, appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory
- Document needs assessment findings to include recommendations to be used by the clients
- Determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and advanced learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with 3- 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Experience or training in critical thinking
- Experience in instructional principles and techniques, lesson plan preparation, instructional objectives, test construction, instructional technology and the use of audiovisual and graphic aids as instructional tools
- Lead/facilitate a course composed of experienced professionals and adult learners
- An excellent ability to deliver effective oral presentations and prepare written course materials that clearly convey learning objectives and relevant course content
- Flexibility to adjust course delivery to fit the needs of students
- Ability to work in a team-teaching environment, where you understand the entire course material in order to ensure continuity between modules
- Ability to understand and meet lesson objectives
- Experience with direct customer interaction and the ability to shape the roadmap of training through partnership with them and the team
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Experience with the scientific method
- Experience with other diagnostic or investigative techniques
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.