Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Defense Analyst Associate on the DISA GSM-O program in Columbus, OH.
This position provides 24x7 cybersecurity monitoring services for Department of Defense networks. This includes performing real-time cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlating actionable security events, performing network traffic analysis using raw packet data, and participating in the coordination of resources during the incident response process. Times for the three shifts are: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am.
- Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats and to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
- Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
- Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 180 days of hire.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain and an ability to think and work independently
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to perform shift work.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to start on the program.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.