About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy helps educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. Join our team in driving energy initiatives that have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come.
Leidos is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Hawai‘i Energy program team as an Accessibility and Affordability (A&A) Program Implementer.
Accessibility and Affordability (A&A) is one of the core offering areas of the Hawai‘i Energy Program.
Accessibility and Affordability Program Implementer
Leidos is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Hawai‘i Energy program team as an Accessibility and Affordability (A&A) Program Implementer. Accessibility and Affordability (A&A) is one of the core offering areas of the Hawai‘i Energy Program.
- Implement the A&A business program overall strategy including coordinating across teams to achieve Energy Advantage, Energy Relief Grant, and non-profit initiative goals.
- Be a strong contributor in planning, execution, tracking and evaluation of business A&A programs
- Develop positive relationships with contractors, customers and industry stakeholders
- Coordinate support for software systems utilized by contractors and colleagues
- Collaborate with energy advisors, and other team members for customer support, as well as with marketing and communications team on marketing and campaigns
- Continuously improve programs, policies and procedures, for clarity and streamlined support
- Articulate A&A goals and activities in clear presentations to internal, external, and client stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert on business programs, industry trends, energy efficient technologies and operational practices in electric demand side management
- Develop relationships with vendors and professional organizations to keep current and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, and practices and regulations in electric demand side management
- Occasional travel to neighbor islands and working on weekends at public events may be required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, skills and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Environmental or Sustainability Sciences, or Architecture. Other relevant degree focus may be considered
- 2-4 years of experience with sustainability or energy efficiency programs with the demonstrated capacity to understand technical aspects of energy efficiency measures; Building or system design experience including relevant codes (e.g. IECC2015 , Title 24, etc.) a plus
- Budgeting, planning and forecasting experience
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and management skills; strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Flexible and available to work occasionally on weekend assignments (i.e. support community events)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Access and Outlook required; Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Possess a high degree of initiative
- Have a passion for Hawai‘i Energy’s mission
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.