The primary function of this position is to support the development of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 system operational and maintenance Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) for US Navy ships in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5B).
• Requires BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
• Applicant shall have technical experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V) ACB sonar system equipment.
• At least 10 years of AN/SQQ-89(V) working experience in either Operations and Maintenance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience working directly with technical SMEs
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
• Experience working with S1000D or similar collaborative product data system
• Must have and be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V) system operations and maintenance requirements
• System functional segments
• Sonar tactical equipment
• System LAN operation and administration
• Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
• Remove and replace procedures
• Experience with NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
• Travel may be required for this position
• Work closely with Logisticians and other Tech Writers as the SQQ-89A(V)15 SME to support the creation of technical data
• Provide subject matter expertise in the creation of templates, be able to describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
• Lead review of documentation as required
• Provide quality assessment of technical manuals being delivered to US Navy ships
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.