Leidos' ESA V program has an opening for a mid level Network Firewall Engineer to support operations in the area of network administration,. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, desk side support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Location: Washington, DC
This position requires an engineer to assist with the change process and incident response process:
Change Process: Must be able to support network administration tasks. Candidate should have experience with network security, including firewall, VPN, and load balancer experience. Candidate and will be expected to support network implementation and migration plans. Must be able to test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment. The position requires candidate to be able to produce and review technical documentation.
Incident Response: Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work under the supervision of senior network engineers to methodically decompose and deescalate stressful events.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years relevant work experience as a network security engineering.
- Must have current Top Secret clearance
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring and administrating network based firewalls, such as Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Palo Alto or others.
- Solid understanding of network security controls and practices, Firewall administration, Network Routing, OSI model, and Cybersecurity standards.
- Ability to design, support, and deliver complex firewall engineer and administration tasks, and lead other senior and mid-level engineers in the execution complex engineering assignments.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with site-to-site VPNs.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with F5 load balancers.
- Must be able to understand complex layer-2 and layer-3 corporate WAN/MAN/LAN networks.
- Experience in traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security performance and fault tolerant architecture
- Experience configuring network equipment and services.
- Experience producing network implementation and migration plans.
- Design, Test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment.
- Experience supporting mission critical 24x7x365 systems.
- Be able to work individually and in a team, self-starter with low supervision.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with TCP-IP as well IP routing protocols especially OSPF, EIGRP, and GBP
- Professional level understanding and hands-on working knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Experience configuring and Monitoring LAN/WAN equipment, Including routers and switches
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems.
- Be able to program and use bash/shell scripting.
- Understand of cloud environment.
- Understanding of other technologies such as, Systems and Applications which can help is making security decisions.
- Understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, IBGP, BGP.
- Understanding of Cisco IOS
- Understanding of Cisco WLC, VSS, VCSE.
- Understanding of Server virtualization technology such as VMWare.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.