The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking an Engineering / Senior Technical Writer candidates for the engineering team to support a number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide complex technical writing, as well as document preparation, editing, and communication support and coordination consistent with Leidos practices, for the development and production of engineering project deliverables, work products, and other documentation.
- Serve as an experienced team member, creating technical, functional and VIP deliverables, and program deployment artifacts.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style. Support standardization and adherence to project documentation templates, and support the continuous improvement of documentation development and review processes throughout project execution.
- Creates technical Visio diagrams. Participate in Agile processes (design reviews, Scrums, Scrum of Scrums (SoS), Sprint reviews).
- Update Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and JIRA tasks with timeline input and progress status as needed.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio.
- Maintain configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in the approved SharePoint locations.
- As requested, collaborate with Project Managers, Interface and Enterprise Architects, Cyber Team, vendors, solution teams, and test engineers in the formulation, development, editing, and revision of project documentation and deliverables. Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/preparing the edited drafts. Review rough drafts and makes suggestions; check drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Be a good corporate ambassador when engaged with suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, other prime contractors, other company departments, and in community activities.
- Bachelor's degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or 20+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain an ADP IT-II Public Trust Clearance based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Federal Government requirement.
- Experience in DoD healthcare systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint MS Project, JIRA and Visio.
- Experience with document formatting, editing, structure and logic flow, as well as writing for non-technical audiences.
- Production and/or editing of implementation plans, process/methodology documents, monthly reports, technical user and administrator guides, training material, and other related documents.
- Moderate understanding of network systems and cyber security principles is desired.
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership, as well as client team members.
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal agencies.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.