The Leidos Civil Group is looking for Writer/Editor to support our Communications Support Services contract with the Office of Justice Programs (OJP), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). OJP is a federal agency that provides federal leadership, grants, training, technical assistance and other resources to improve the nation’s capacity to prevent and reduce crime, assist victims and enhance the rule of law by strengthening the criminal and juvenile justice systems. Its six program offices support state and local crime-fighting efforts, fund thousands of victim service programs, help communities manage sex offenders, address the needs of youth in the system and children in danger, and provide vital research and data. The writer/editor will support multiple program offices.
As part of the Leidos team, you will work with an experienced group of communications professionals who are dedicated to supporting our government clients. If you are interested in working with experts in cutting edge forensic science and technology, have a desire to be part of an innovative and creative communications team, and want the opportunity to take on challenging and interesting writing projects, this job is for you.
At Leidos, you will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
- Write and edit a variety of documents and digital content.
- Support the development and production of a variety of publications, including reports, journals, articles, brochures, fliers, and promotional items.
- Copyedit and proofread content to ensure accuracy and grammatical correctness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of writing, editing, and style guidelines and best practices.
- Provide quality control of products throughout the development process.
- Perform communications and coordination activities.
- Create and monitor production schedules.
- Translate text into plain language for use by non-technical lay audiences.
- Write and edit web content and other materials for online dissemination.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to prepare 508-compliant PDFs.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Four (4) years of directly relevant work experience writing and editing publications and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and knowledge of style guidelines.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
Additional Attributes that will help ensure success (Preferred Skills):
- Excellent editorial discernment and judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational skills, very strong proofreading abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of grammar and ability to follow style guidelines.
- A creative thinker who thrives in a fast changing environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing/evolving client needs.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.