Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer in Leidos you will be immersed in one of our key programmes – transformation of the UK’s biometrics platform to cloud. On behalf of our central government customer you will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure. You will have the following skills to deploy on programme:
Must have good, well rounded experience in delivery using:
· Java (to Enterprise level)
· XML Schemas
· Web Services - XML, SOAP, REST
· Build and Test Automation
· Working in an agile environment
It would be beneficial to have experience or exposure to:
· Websphere Application Server
· Websphere MQ
· IBM Software life cycle tooling including
· Rational Software Architect
You will work as part of a large multifunctional team out of dedicated software engineering workspaces. Initially you will familiarise yourself with the existing systems and implementing change before moving into cloud transformation of these systems. You will have the opportunity to work on technically advanced solutions during this transformation and help to shape devops and common tooling amongst our global Fortune 100 organisation.
Leidos is making significant corporate investment in its software engineering capability through academy based training (including opportunities to work in US and AUS based teams), build further out of corporate devops and product offerings.
Your role will include
- Analyse, develop and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes and upgrades.
- Train Junior Software Engineers on updates and new installations.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of middleware components.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance and enhancement of applications.
- Drive continuous improvements in your area of expertise
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- As the programme turns to transformation, help to transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest technologies
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support.
rt for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.