Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is currently seeking an Operations Controller to oversee all accounting operations and to ensure that all reporting and controls comply with generally accepted accounting principles, international financial reporting standards and Leidos policies and procedures.
We are looking for an energetic, upbeat, team player that will be responsible for the production of all monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, the maintenances of an adequate system of accounting records, and the establishment of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of financial results, and reporting compliance.
A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, be able to collaborate well with teammates across various functional disciplines, have strong problem-solving skills, time management expertise and a willingness for process improvement.
- Actively participate in all monthly and quarterly close activities including oversight of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Work actively with external and internal auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretation and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements
- Provide ad hoc analysis of and guidance on accounting issues
- Oversight for the accounting requirements related to the Company’s inventory policy, including compliance with the inventory count procedures.
- Determine the appropriate revenue recognition metrics to track for external and internal reporting and develop templates or processes to be able to capture the requirements
- Organize a standard process for providing the tax team with schedules on a timely basis
- Support special projects and workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university and 15+ years of experience in accounting field.
- Prior experience working in public accounting from a large national firm and/or Big 4 public accounting experience
- CPA required
- Analytical minded person with ability to understand overall business operations able to quickly pinpoint areas to focus on
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues, work independently, and multi-task several projects efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Navision experience
- Deltek/Costpoint experience
- Government Contracting experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.