The Director of Operations & Strategic Initiatives will provide multi-faceted operational, business growth and strategic development support to the entire Social Security Administration portfolio. The candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide review, oversight, direction, and leadership to various program teams throughout the organization to ensure successful execution of existing contracts.
- Work collaboratively with the line, business development and solution architect organizations to create innovative solutions for customers on existing programs and in the pursuit of new business.
- Work collaboratively with the line and business development organizations to identify, prioritize, pursue and win new business.
- Work collaboratively with the line and business development to develop and execute customer call plans and develop strong customer intimacy.
- Assist in the creation of business strategy for the overarching line of business for the SSA division.
- Provide support to M&A activities including leadership roles in due diligence and pre / post-merger integration planning and execution.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with running ~$50M P&L.
- Prior experience running a portfolio of programs within the federal market.
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (FFP, T&M, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years.
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning recompetes, takeaways, and new business.
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization.
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win/win results.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and past performance working with the Social Security Administration.
- Master’s Degree preferred in business administration or within health related field.
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the Federal Health market.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Strategic Planning
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.