Is this you?
Who you are: a seasoned professional with cloud IT experience and excellent communication skills who likes to work from home. You ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what’s possible and what could be better. You own the environment you manage, and always proactively seek ways to make it work better for its users.
What you will do: You will work on maintaining, expanding, and evolving a production-level AI&ML cloud environment. You will be responsible for health & status of all AWS computing resources, as well as traditional, endpoint-based applications and services. You will also own the security standards for Leidos cloud environments, and will be able to balance those with AI/ML team expectation of resource availability and accessibility. You will effectively communicate the IT & cloud needs of our AI/ML community to corporate security groups, and will proactively advocate solutions that support security while enabling AI & ML. Using CI/CD tools like Kubernetes, Docker, and Ansible, you will write scripts and create deployments that are robust and repeatable, while remaining focused on AI/ML group functional needs.
Fun stuff you will get to do on this job:
• Manage our commercial cloud environment; developing and deploying both a secure and cost efficient configuration of resources
• Proactively work with our IT, Security, and Cloud teams to ensure current architecture is secure and well-documented while meeting all the needs of our AI&ML data scientists
• Work with staff members to migrate resources from on-prem compute to cloud environments, ensure accesses, and ensure least privilege is practiced
• Work with staff members to raise overall team understanding of cloud compute resources available on AWS for AI/ML
• Work with ECM to develop out a Leidos-net/VPN based cloud for CUI/PRD secure data requirements
• Work with staff members to deploy custom solutions and deployments in our cloud environments while adhering to overall best-practices for both AI&ML applications as well as cloud security
• Help staff understand their compute needs and construct/maintain custom spaces as needed
• Work with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and other automated deployment tools to create repeatable deployments
• Work on a distributed, high-paced, fast-moving and disciplined agile team
This is you:
• BS Degree in Computer Science or IT with 4+ years relevant experience in software development or data analysis
• AWS Solution Architect Certification (Professional level)
• Experience installing, maintaining and administering Linux and Windows-based environments, on-prem (bare metal) and in the cloud environments
• Experience with administering the following systems: Mac OS, Windows, Ubuntu, RHEL
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to independently use available resources to close knowledge gaps
• Experience with Python or any other similar scripting language
• Solid understanding of Git
• Experience with REST APIs
• Experience with CI/CD on-prem and in the cloud (tools such as Kuberenetes, Docker, Ansible, etc)
• Prior experience working on and leading disciplined agile (scrum) teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience in multiple cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
• A familiarity modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event based applications)
• Prior experience with managing AI/ML cloud environments or data pipelines in production a significant plus
• Familiarity with AI/ML approaches, or prior engagement with data science-focused deployments a significant plus
• Active Secret clearance
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.