Leidos has a current job opening for a Windows System Administrator Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This program provides operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance and upkeep of the Windows Server and Physical / Virtual Workstations environment in the current ABIS 1.3 subsystems (Operational, Disaster Recovery, Non-Production Environments).
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate DOD Cyber compliance level as directed by the program Cyber security office via patching and configuration using DISA STIGs. For ABIS 1.3.
- Responsible for the execution of workstation replace pilot projects like Amazon Work Spaces for cloud based systems (DRS & DTE.)
- Responsible for providing technical input and accomplishing development, deployment and configuration tasks involved effort to incorporate new capabilities in the ABIS 1.3 system.
- Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Decision making and domain knowledge will have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of hands on system administration with Windows experience. Additional work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Expert in Windows administration tools (SCCM, AD, WSUS)
- Familiar with DNS, DHCP
- Familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU’s, memory, disk utilization)
- Troubleshooting experience
- Ability to respond at all hours to operational requirements
- Ability to work outside normal hours during routine maintenance windows
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certificate (typically Security + and Windows certificate) within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain access to DOJ CJIS Campus
- DOD 8570 security and operational environment certs .
- Current DOD Secret Clearance and access to CJIS Campus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.