Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to lead the engineering, design and implementation of the next generation of cryptographic product security, transport, and accountability for key and data for high and medium assurance applications.
Successful candidates must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio.
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by the development and test teams.
- Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to: technical manuals, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with computing and related technologies including
- Software development methodologies such as TDD, Peer programming, debugging
- Software languages such as C/C++, C#, Java
- Development frameworks such as smartGWT, Netbeans
- Software security and quality assessment and measurement such fortify, sonar
- Configuration Management and version control systems like PVCS, Git, SVN
- Scripting support such as Python, bourne/c shell/k shell/ bash
- Collaboration tools like MatterMost, Teams
- Web server configuration and use with servers such as NGINX, JBoss/Wildfly, Apache
- Artificial Intelligence including deep learning, ANN, CNN
- AI related frameworks such as pytorch, tensor flow
- Database design, configuration, replication, backup, archive, and restore
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab-CI).
- Familiarity with System Architecture development and description concepts including
- Descriptive framework including DoDAF
- Architecture development and system modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Design refinement with workflows and use cases
- Architecture forms including centralized, client-server, distributed, virtualized, and cloud based
- Data replication, sharing, and shadowing
- Containerized environments and deployment including Docker
- Understanding of Cryptographic Key Management based on EKMS and KMI.
- COMSEC Operations and Accountability
- Transfer, receipt, accounting, inventory, reconciliation, and reporting
- Warehouse operations, receiving, distribution, reporting, and automation
- Familiarity with Agile processes including
- Agile / Scrum
- Tools and environment such as jira, VersionOne
- Agile use, automation, configuration, tracking, and optimization
- Detailed knowledge of Networking and Interface technologies including
- Web services including RESTful and SOAP
- Documentation with IETF/RFCs
- OpenAPI standards
- ASN.1 constructs, usage, compilers, and implementations
- Understanding of Security requirements and implementation including
- Windows and Unix security architectures
- Security tools and enforcement with McAfee EPO
- Patch management and enforcement
- Authentication, integrity, and confidentiality services and implementation
- Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates, revocation checking, cert validation
- Cryptographic mechanisms such as SHA, HMAC, Elliptic Curve, and quantum resistance approaches
- Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
- Security monitoring including gathering, reporting, and response using SIEM
- Security frameworks adhering to STIGs, RMF
- Strong background in Requirements Specification and Management with
- Requirements specification and control processes
- Requirements in an agile environment
- Requirements traceability from architecture development through Test, Accreditation, and Deployment
- Understanding of full life-cycle testing with
- Test planning, conduct, reporting
- Client-Server environments
- Web services testing
- Test automation
- Performance and load testing
- Analysis and Metrics of testing
- Proficiency with MS Office products including
- Office applications Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Office tool automation/scripting (Word, Excel, Access)
- General writing and organizational skills are needed
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.