The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Service Desk Agent to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
As a Service Desk Agent, you’ll provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 Service Desk support for our customer-deployed products and solutions in both multi-tenant and single-tenant Cloud environments. You’ll respond to Tier II technical support requests (service request tickets, Email, and telephone calls) submitted by our customers within the applicable Service Level Agreement (SLA) thresholds. You’ll review, investigate, and prioritize technical support requests for software defects and enhancements to existing capability, training or education issues, and incidents (e.g., system availability problems). If unable to resolve the request yourself, you’ll escalate it to Tier 3 for further analysis and resolution. You’ll document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution (based on SLA thresholds) utilizing the Service Desk ticketing tool to create and update incidents, service requests, and tasks accordingly. You’ll document requests for assistance and track incidents through to resolution/escalation and serve as the initial contact for reporting technical issues, and answering questions regarding upgrades, installations, and other software/hardware/network issues. You’ll update the Service Desk Tool to notify customers of upcoming patches, upgrades, and/or scheduled system downtime. You’ll support the Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) plans for our customers by escalating incidents according to the escalation procedures in the Incident Reporting plan. You’ll also serve as administrator of the Service Desk for maintenance (add, modify, and inactivate) of customer accounts. You’ll report to the Operations Manager and jointly establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess Service Desk performance on a continual basis. You’ll contribute to organizational improvement by recommending changes to reference and training materials, process and procedure, and Service Desk features to improve customer experience. Finally, you will serve as an alternate Atlassian administrator to the Configuration Manager for the HGS organization to support product updates, install and configure plug-ins, implement and update workflows, create and inactivate projects, and maintain user accounts.
- Accurately diagnose customer service requests; gather the necessary information; and perform standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources
- Prioritize service request tickets for resolution within applicable SLA thresholds
- Effectively implement the steps found in available resources by following the instructions and using a variety of remote access, user admin, and related tools
- Monitor service requests and incidents through to resolution
- Work with the Operations Manager to establish KPIs to measure performance of the Service Desk on a continual basis and adjust as needed to achieve baseline goals;
- Escalate unresolved issues to Tier 3
- Identify potential outages and other problem (via information gathering, ticket trends, etc.) and communicate the information to IT Management in a timely manner and in accordance with incident reporting escalation procedures
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for Service Desk operating environment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes to provide quality business service
- Serve as alternate Atlassian administrator to the Configuration Manager.
- Mentor new Service Desk Agents
- Bachelors' Degree or Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field is desired OR High School Diploma and relevant Information Technology certification(s)/training/years of experience in place of degree
- 1-3 years' Information Technology experience
- Prior product support experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (e.g., HIPAA).
- The ideal candidate will have flexibility with hours - shifts may vary.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior experience using at least one service desk product
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with customers over the phone and other media in a pleasant and helpful manor in high stress situations
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with cloud-hosted solution support is a plus
- Familiarity with using and administering the Atlassian tools (e.g., Jira) is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.