Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager to support the business development and capture activities of our Military Health accounts. This position location is in Reston. Local and extended travel expected up to 50% of the time. The position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within Military Health and Veterans Programs, continuing to build the Leidos business pipeline, executing the capture process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the domain.
- Assist with capture activities, to include strategy workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews. Shape opportunities to increase win probability.
- Maintain complete action item lists, call plans and opportunity repository sites to ensure continuity of materials and actions across diverse team members and activities
- Drive continuous analytical thinking across team members to derive appropriately innovative solutions
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasks.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and at least 12 years in a Capture Manager, Business Development and/or Proposal Manager position. (additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of successful capture management at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key account business rhythms, technical priorities, acquisition trends; access to government customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for health or defense agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the Military Health / Veterans Affairs community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.