As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV as well as the DoD ABIS program.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
This position is supporting both programs in the Fairmont WV office.
- Maintaining and improving the security posture of the environments
- Supporting the full Software Development Life Cycle of projects as a Senior Cyber Security Engineering subject matter expert, including identification of security requirements and implementation of those requirements.
- Provide technical expertise as a Cyber Security Engineer; participate in the formulation of cyber security engineering best practices; assess security configurations; and documentation of cyber security processes and procedures.
- Working closely with the UK Security team, identify and help address cyber Security issues in both the Test and Development environments for IDENT1 as well as participate with UK HOB security group in supporting new cyber security technologies.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SSL, application control, Antivirus, OS and other network component policies.
- Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Ensure the clients’ data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participate in the change management process
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ of prior relevant experience
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- DoD Directive 8570 Compliant
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with AWS Cloud environment.
- Experience with database, OS, network and application auditing.
- CISSP is preferred
- Amazon Web Services certification
- Experience with Firewalls, Linux, HBSS, ACAS, IDS/IPS, Splunk, Data Loss Prevention and security audits.
- Experience with cyber security and hardening processes.
- Experience with cyber security documentation compliance requirements of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253 and NIST 800-53 rev RMF security and privacy controls.
- Experience with Incident Response.
- Experience working with a tasking/requirements system and the Agile Process.
- Experience with eMASS.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.