The primary function of this position is to support the development and conduct of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 system operational and maintenance training for US Navy ships in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5B).
• Requires BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
• Applicant shall have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V) ACBxx sonar system equipment.
• At least 12 years of AN/SQQ-89(V) working experience in either Operations or Maintenance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Operations and Maintenance experience shall include:
• A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V) system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
• System functional segments
• Sonar tactical equipment
• System LAN operation and administration
• Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
• Remove and replace procedures
• This position requires a strategic mindset to be successful.
• Travel may be required for this position
• Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
• Applicant must have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.