Leidos is seeking an experienced Executive Protection Professional in Reston, VA.
This position will have responsibilities within the Leidos Executive Protection Program, Threat Intelligence Program and Workplace Security Program.
The preferred candidate will exemplify professionalism and reliability and must be able to work calmly and competently under pressure and in many different environments.
• Work as part of the executive protection team as the primary “close-in” security of the designated executive(s) and other assigned tasks related to executive protection including but not limited to driving, advances, and threat assessments
• Assist with coordination of executive and/or event security with Chiefs of Staff, Executive Assistants, Leidos Facilities and Leidos Events Team
• Conduct liaison with law enforcement agencies, Regional Security Officers, and risk management companies as necessary
• Assist with Risk, Threat, and Vulnerability assessments and development of emergency response plans related to Executive Leadership, members of the Board of Directors, Leidos facilities and other needs as assigned
• Travel with designated principal(s) and provide personal security and protective surveillance in accordance with current threat intelligence
• Assist in improving the current Executive Protection program including but not limited to streamlining administrative tasks, development of new training and improving standard operating procedures
• Assist the Threat Intelligence team in monitoring open source and social media and analyze data for awareness, education and incident mitigation purposes
• Work with the Workplace Security team and assist on various projects to include building security enhancements, workplace violence prevention and response
• Assist with special projects such as TSCM surveys, guard training/drills and facility security assessments
• Assist with the development of procedures and training for emergency management plans
• Provide rapid response and investigation support to relevant security incidents or issues
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field and 6+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• The candidate must qualify for the Department of Homeland Security’s Global Entry Program
• Must possess a current Driver’s License with a clean record
• Must possess a valid passport and able to travel domestically and internationally based upon the schedule of the principal and current threat information
• Basic first-aid knowledge and CPR certification
• Experience operating in overseas environments and/or working with the State Department
• Must be physically fit and able to provide protective coverage during physically taxing activities including distance running and biking
• Have knowledge of police unarmed self-defense tactics (use of force)
• Experience dealing with workplace violence issues and training
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Ability to analyze complex information and solve complex problems
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction or supervision
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Completion of formal course work leading to a certification in executive protection (i.e. ESI, EPI, Oatman, PFC, ITG4, TFTT)
• Possess a Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA), HR 218 permit
• Active First Responder, Paramedic or EMT certifications
• Proficient technical skills related to social media and open source information gathering
• Experience with access control or alarm systems
• Experience with Security Camera systems/CCTV
• Top Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.