The Leidos International Accounting team currently has an opening for a Senior International Accountant. The ideal candidate will build strong relationships cross-functionally within the organization. We are looking for a dynamic team player capable of virtually engaging with other teams and willing to work in a fast paced Global environment.
- Review International subsidiaries’ general ledger account balances to ensure completeness and U.S. GAAP compliance.
- Prepare JE’s and reconciliations related to Canadian entities, ensuring proper support exists.
- Oversee preparation of international subsidiary trial balance provided by 3rd party service provider.
- Review, and upload prepared financials to company’s consolidations system timely.
- Performs monthly account analysis as part of the month end close process.
- Escalation of outstanding reconciling items or follow-up questions if timely resolution is not achieved.
- Coordinate statutory audits for international entities and branches.
- Prepare carve-out financial statements for use in international tax returns and statutory reporting.
- Prepare functional currency analyses of new subsidiaries for review by Technical Accounting.
- Ensure compliance with assigned SOX/DFARS internal controls and respond timely to all audit requests.
- Identify and communicate process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Be a respected business partner with line and corporate functions, such as Project Controllers, FP&A, Procurement, Tax, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, Global Mobility and International Payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 4+ years of accounting experience
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Openness to a flexible work schedule, including ability and willingness to work during non-business hours to support international meetings as needed.
- Technically savvy with Microsoft Excel, Oracle Analytics Cloud, and other databases for handling large data sets.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and some knowledge of IFRS and tax preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Public accounting experience and active CPA license a plus
- International accounting experience preferred
- Accounting systems experience including Deltek Costpoint and Oracle Financial Close & Consolidations Management (FCCM) or One Stream Consolidations a plus
- Experience developing queries using tools like Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) & Tool for Oracle Application Developers (TOAD) tool a plus
- Knowledge of government contracting compliance requirements
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.