The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Service Desk Specialist and Site Lead at Fort Huachuca, AZ
The Service Desk Specialist will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance and operations to ensure that the site’s information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Accountable for all aspects of requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities including maintenance and security
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level specialists
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 4+ years of experience with either Help Desk, Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration.
- Variety of system administration experience in areas such as AD, Exchange, Linux, Unix, patch management, STIGs
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- ITILv3 certification
- Cisco certification such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.