The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Business Intelligence Engineer to support a large federal contract in Baltimore.
- Collaborate with Solution & Enterprise Architects, Business analysts, DBAs and others to understand business requirements
- Provide suggestions and guidance to different MI/BI projects, based on best practices, optimal solutions, and project standards
- Lead complex discussions and engagements that may involve multiple project teams from client.
- Ability to understand complex business processes to derive conceptual and logical data models.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Requires experience in BI related fields with progressively increased level of responsibility in data analysis, data modeling, BI development, database development and SQL experiences.
Good understanding with BI development life cycle, data architect, metadata management, data marts and related methodologies.
Technical experience in information architecture, data architecture, data modeling, data governance, ETL design, data quality and BI-analytics.
Good experience in ETL design best practices and performance tuning.
Good data analysis, problem solving and SQL skills.
Ability to optimize and performance tune SQL queries
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with others
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required mandatory.
Experience designing relational data models, analytical data models and non-relational data models for OLTP and advanced analytic applications.
Extensively used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution.
Experience working on data pipeline solution on large database environment (e.g. Greenplum/PostgreSQL).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex topics through effective documentation as well as presentation.
- Experience working on Python, bash/unix shell scripts
- Ability to create dashboards in Tableau or Webfocus using various sources like database, CSV files, XL spreadsheets etc.
- Familiar with machine learning and advanced analytic application development.
- Experience working on NoSQL data modeling using Hackolade tool for databases like MongoDB, HBASE, Hive and JSON Schema.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.