Join the Leidos NISC IV program as an Eastern Service Center Quality Control Group specialist. The NISC IV contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate in College Park, GA, to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our Aviation programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The selected candidate will be a subject matter expert in support of the review and processing of formal aircraft accident packages in accordance with established procedures and policy, regulations and laws and provide litigation support to the Headquarters Air Traffic Organization, FAA General Counsel and the Department of Justice. The candidate will provides technical advice, assistance and guidance to various governmental bodies and utilize knowledge of the law and directives to provide material reference when determining approval or denial of access to requested material.
The candidate will develop and maintain a comprehensive database-tracking program that integrates tracking required for facility evaluations, investigations, aircraft accident/incidents and information requests. The candidate will review, interpret and clarify regulations, administrative policies, procedures and processes for Air Traffic and Tech Ops information, records, and data concerning each of the assigned program areas. Conduct interviews and review/analyze data/information gathered. The candidate must brief management officials at the beginning and end of site visits and after final report is prepared to communicate the purpose/results of the evaluation. Prepare written reports that detail the evaluation process, results, findings and corrective actions. The candidate must provide general and/or technical assistance or information to Terminal and En Route Directors, Group Managers, District Managers, Facility Air Traffic Managers, supervisors and employees, other Service Center employees, and the general public.
- BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent combination of education, industry certifications and experience my be substituted for degree requirement.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, high-level capacity to multi-task, and strong organizational skills.
- Have strong research, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience within the federal government, preferably the FAA.
- Understand air traffic control, technical operations, and aviation-related terminology and concepts.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Drive, Zoom/virtual meeting applications, database management applications, and ability to use the internet as a data-gathering tool.
- Have the ability to collaborate with program analysts, stakeholders, and Quality Control Group personnel to clarify messaging, document objectives, factual correctness, and customer preferences.
- Have the ability to prioritize and work independently as well as with others.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with multidisciplary subject matter experts using strong organizational and facilitation skills
- Previous experience at a level 10/11/12 Air Traffic Control facility will receive preference.
- FAA management and/or Staff experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.