The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Product Operations Manager to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
As the Product Operations Manager, you’ll perform the critical leadership role of planning for, executing, ad maintaining operations and support for our customer-deployed products and solutions in both multi-tenant and single-tenant Cloud environments. You’ll lead a highly qualified, cross-functional engineering team in achieving highly-available, highly-scalable, and highly-reliable Cloud-based deployments that support our customer SLA requirements. You’ll plan for the growth of the team, skills, tools, technologies, and capabilities required to scale the organization to meet operational demands. You’ll develop and maintain the mature processes and procedures required to maintain an Agile DevOps pipeline, and ensure the deployment environments meet or exceed applicable HIPAA and other regulatory compliance requirements and support enterprise initiatives to implement best practices. You’ll help develop and implement customer monitoring, business continuity and disaster recovery, and incident reporting plans and procedures. You’ll ensure that security compliance audits and performance and load testing are planned for and executed and work with the Enterprise Services team to improve infrastructure based on results. You’ll ensure that maintenance and upgrade schedules, including security patches, are developed and implemented for customer product deployments. You’ll ensure that customer help desk infrastructure and support are available and responsive as required by customer SLAs and collaborate with the applicable cross-functional teams to identify and recommend organizational and operational improvements. As the Product Operations Manager, you’ll report directly to the Engineering and Operations Director and support all required reporting of KPIs to periodically assess Operations health. Finally, you’ll assess opportunities to more effectively utilize new technologies, services, and savings plans to improve operational readiness and performance and achieve cost savings.
- Develop goals, objectives, policies, procedures and service standards for the Operations IT Infrastructure, Core Systems, and Service Desk teams.
- Ensure the integrity, availability, security, and regulatory compliance of Operations IT infrastructure, servers, and applications.
- Monitor and report on the continuous delivery of Operations IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Lead Operations IT disaster recovery planning, preparation and execution.
- Participate in management of critical Operations IT vendor relationships.
- Prioritize and manage Operations IT projects with direction from Director of Engineering and Operations.
- Oversee system design and configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Monitor Operations IT infrastructure resources for performance and availability.
- Develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of Operations IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of information.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of Operations IT systems.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement of the Operations organization, including ongoing development and review of business cases to validate IT spend.
- Manage and coach the staff in addition to other Human Resources responsibilities such as: hiring, and if necessary disciplinary action and dismissal, setting and monitoring annual and quarterly goals, coaching, career development, completing timely performance appraisals, and approving merit increases.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach employees to perform at their best
- Able to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies.
- Strong project management, organizational skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Experience with infrastructure and systems design.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure Cloud deployment and monitoring
- Familiarity with micro-service and container-based architectures is a plus
Preferred Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, CISSP, PMP, or ITIL
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.