Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager in our Whiteley office (U.K.) who will work alongside the NATS Account Director. This position is a full time, permanent role, and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) S.C. clearance.
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos’s proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner. In the U.K., Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and ongoing development and support.
NATS has identified the need to move to a new strategic platform to meet the Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR) objectives and has formed a strategic partnership with Leidos to support their technology transformation programme over the coming years as their integration partner. The programme to deploy SESAR-based technologies is one of the most ambitious programme NATS has ever undertaken and will transform U.K. air traffic management service provision.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, able to inspire and empower teams, ensuring that they keep their Leidos identity while delivering their best performance for the customer. A strategic thinker with significant programme experience, they will be able to work both at the highest level bringing their expertise to bear solving issues for the client while ensuring that they are also close to the day to day issues, switching from strategic to tactical and getting close to the detail to ensure the client has total confidence and trust in the team and chain of command. They will be experienced in driving efficiencies in programme delivery and reducing programme costs.
Knowledge of the domain would be an advantage as would experience in working within a Trade Unionised environment but is not essential. However, a significant track record and complete understanding of programme performance and delivery are essential. The successful candidate will exhibit the experience and success of a senior stakeholder manager, of business development within an existing client and of significant business transformation programmes at the application level.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The Programme Manager will lead a multi-functional team of Leidos and NATS staff to manage all programme delivery aspects of major air traffic control service integration programmes:
- Overall responsibility for managing the programme activities and providing strategic direction and corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
- Responsible for flawless delivery on NATS programmes (which incorporates our NATS partnership) the role will be responsible for ensuring Leidos has the right operational capability to meet current and future requirements
- ensuring the transition into service for Voice and En Route programmes, and securing new opportunities
- Working with Business Development to actively shape the pipeline for future NATS business growth
- To performance manage and develop the staff and to ensure work is focussed on achieving the strategy and business objectives
- Reviewing and approving risk management process recommendations and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall programme
- Ensure contract management and development activities are completed to support the programme (in consultation the Procurement, Finance and Legal)
- Driving efficiencies and identifying innovative ideas to optimise schedule and cost for both Leidos and NATS programmes
- Proven track record in supporting the delivery of major (£50m +) projects or substantial work packages
- Strategic thinker, coupled with a pragmatic hands-on approach to getting the job done
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership with extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- Experience of SOA/ITIL/Service Management methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives
- Ability to lead and manage within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and Leidos staff with an awareness of engineering principles
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels
- Ability to motivate and develop staff
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be highly advantageous
- Experience of establishing and managing a Project Management Office
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.