The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic General Clerk to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team working part-time (20 to 24 hours per week).
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA.
The candidate will manage program support functions and prepare general office correspondence, forms, spreadsheets, briefing packages, brochures, and training requests in accordance with the FAA guidelines using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and FAA email systems. Maintain data used by Engineering Services, make requests from the appropriate office or specialist for required data. Make data entries by manual input and/or scanning documents. Resolve incorrect or incomplete data. Distribute or file documents after the entries are complete. Maintain and update budget records and files. Proof expense reimbursement claims and forward to the accounting department for processing. Input publication orders for D.O.T. airport procedure charts and booklets. Track and monitor the progression of new and amended IFPs and National Airspace change proposal requests in support of FAA Regional and National objectives. Ensures a controlled documentation system, record retention, and information services including electronic records retention processes in accordance with regulatory requirements. Ensures compliance to FAA requirements. Maintains the technical and nontechnical documentation records. Assures procedures are in place to classify and maintain records. Interprets and enforces all documentation formatting, standards, policies, and operation procedures. Maintains extensive knowledge of project information and continuous contacts with local, regional, and divisional customers. Analyzes and evaluates data, extract pertinent information, prepares information abstracts and executive summaries of flight procedures data.
- HS diploma at minimum and 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Related experience should include quality system management/document control experience.
- Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems. Outstanding organizational skills a must.
- Capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, database management applications (KSN), and knows how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels.
- Advanced Organization Skills, and an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Capable of applying Microsoft Office 2003 or later and know how to access the internet as a data gathering tool.
- Can verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Capable of frequently sitting, standing, walking and climbing
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Able to comply with privacy and confidentiality regulations
- Able to work in a moderate noise environment
- Experience in a construction environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.