Control Account Manager
Leidos is seeking a Control Account Manager to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows Earned Value Management along with DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Selected candidate will report to the Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager. She/he will plan and schedule work and will perform tasks associated with providing status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis and resultant corrective action, and estimating costs at completion as they relate to Earned Value Management. The selected candidate will assure technical scope, schedule, and budget are integrated and will be accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account Performance.
- Control the financial management of a Control Account (CA) or Technical Task Order (TTO)
- Participate as an Agile Team Member for the PMO Scrum team
- Collaborate with the Agile organization charged with delivering the work within the assigned CA or TTO
- Ensure that Agile and EV principles are maintained within work teams
- Ensure that new projects are within scope
- Maintain a current Estimate to Complete for all work within the CA/TTO
- Author a Monthly Status Report (MSR) or Variance Report (VR) for each TTO or CA each accounting period
- Participate in the monthly business rhythm of the program with the Business Team Lead
- Request authorization from the customer for activities within the CA or TTO that are within scope but not authorized
- Respond to requests from the customer for each CA or TTO
- Serve as the primary non-technical POC for the customer for activities within the CA or TTO
- Designate the primary technical POC to the customer and to any other stakeholders
- Participate in any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness within the CA or TTO
- Manage resources and determine appropriate program resource allocations
- Assures the work within the CA or TTO is adequately staffed and participates in the staffing process
- Handle procurement requests within the CA or TTO to buy equipment
- Ensure that the authorization to expend funds (labor, materials, ODC) within the CA or TTO are within budgetary constraints
- Review Weekly Hours Reports to ensure that charging within the account is correct
- May request information from the Business Team as needed to answer business questions from the PM or customer
- Approve funding for subcontractors to fulfill CA or TTO requirements
- Approve timecards for subcontractors
- Participate in responses to RFIs, RFPs, or Requests for a ROM
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least eight (8) years of relevant work experience, an additional 4 years of experience for a total of 12 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a technical field such as System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- Experience working within an Agile environment or program
- A PMP or similar Project Management or Program Management credential
- A CSM or other Scrum Master credential or coursework
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework agile methodology
- Current or past work experience as a CAM or with cost accounting, and/or earned value management (EVMS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.