The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer II.
Overview: Our customer has a requirement to procure and develop cyber capabilities, leveraging the Agile Development Process. The tool suite to be developed should be tailorable to address various operating systems and platforms.
• Build or advise on building a total end-to-end test infrastructure, from source to destination, using resources contained in a single lab or shared among multiple labs. Includes provisioning computers, loading with required software, and creating a test thread through an available network infrastructure;
• Conduct component and system integration testing according to test plan provided. Additionally, identify and execute additional testing adding value to the test results;
• Properly document, according to the Customer defined standards, test procedures and results;• Administrator (install, configure) level expertise using special purpose network devices such as packet sniffers, SmartBits traffic generator, Broadway, Abacas, EMC Storage Area Network (SAN), and DCOSS;
• Conduct informal training in order to provide knowledge transfer to all testing team and eliminate single points of failure of task/function.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field related and 8-12 years of experience.
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience in systems administration of hardware and software in support of developing and testing of Information Technology systems;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience as a system administrator supporting computers systems running Microsoft Windows NT, Unix, and Linux operating systems;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience as a system administrator, supporting computer network hardware including, but not limited to bridges, switches, routers, and gateways;
• Minimum Eight (8) years of experience identifying and resolving network system issues with IT hardware such as repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs and operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Windows NT, Sun Solaris, and Linux;
• Demonstrated ability to install, configure, and use personal security products including host and network based firewalls and intrusion detection systems;
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in C, C++, Perl, Python, or other scripting language, including threads;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience in conducting both component and system integration level testing on complex software products;
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in HTML, XML, and WEB-based Graphical User Interface/portal development;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver briefings, technical presentations, and program documentation to senior program management.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.