Leidos Security Detection & Automation Operation (SDA) division is seeking an X-Ray Sr Scientist in Tewksbury, MA. Leidos designs, manufactures, and maintains an extensive product line of non-intrusive inspection equipment, radiation detection equipment, and explosives detection systems. These products employ a variety of X-ray producing machines and X-ray detectors as well as imaging techniques. The X-Ray Sr Scientist will be responsible for new product development and enhancements of the current product line. The successful candidate will be a key member of the SDA advanced development group with primary responsibilities for research and development related tasks. These will include product specifications, system modelling, algorithm development, and providing guidance to product development engineers.
Sr Scientist will:
- Provide definition of requirements and high-level design for imaging system.
- Perform theoretical modeling for complex designs and proof of concept verification.
- Develop reconstruction algorithm and artifact reduction.
- Perform image quality verification
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers in order to develop proof of concept, prototype, and production-ready systems
- Lead preliminary and critical design reviews during the product development process
- Follow established SDA ISO processes
- Provide regular project technical status reports to management
- Make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science
Required Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in physics, engineering, computer science, or closely related field w/ 6+ yrs relevant experience
- Experience with dual energy CT method and reconstruction
- Experience with image processing and image quality evaluation
- Knowledge of radiation sources and imaging techniques
- Experience with data analysis and statistical methods
- Working experience with Matlab, C.
Desired Education & Experience:
- Doctorate in physics, engineering, computer science, or closely related field
- Strong knowledge in or low radiation detection techniques
- Experience with Multi-energy CT method and reconstruction with artifact reduction.
- Experience with image processing. Image quality evaluation method in ANSI standard
- Experience with multi-view reconstruction algorithm
- Knowledge with statistics, modeling (Geant/MCMP)
- Knowledge of performance in airport security system
- Experience with innovative solutions and problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with Product Development Process.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.