The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr Drafting Specialist/CADD Technician to work at Fort Gordon in Georgia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
• Associate’s Degree in Design Engineering or Engineering Technology with 4 years of experience in Engineering Drafting using AutoCADD and 3D drafting using Revit; or 6 years Military equivalent experience in engineering drafting using AutoCADD and 3D drafting using Revit.
•The capability to perform design studies where the design objectives are defined by a detailed physical specification.
• The ability to develop and accumulate raw data measurements from physical inspections of electronic equipment and facilities and transform the data into design layouts.
• The capability to produce, using a CADD system (including I/O devices), detailed electrical and electronic schematics. The ability to produce mechanical drawings from layouts in accordance with the most current versions of MIL-T-31000; MIL-STD-100 and to produce working drawings and schematics of parts and assemblies from sketches, layouts and design plan
• Prepares Architectural and Engineering drawings of facilities, facility systems, and infrastructure in support of facility operations, maintenance, repair, and construction.
• Performs design and drafting assignments requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques.
• Performs fieldwork, site surveys, and facility investigations to collect architectural, engineering, and infrastructure data needed for the completion of drawings and details.
• Develops and maintains a drawing database of supported facilities worldwide.
• Maintains all supported worldwide facility and utility drawings and provides this service to a variety of engineers and architects.
• Executes daily functions required for efficient operation of multiple hardware, software and databases. Conducts a variety of tasks to analyze and improve the efficiency and operations.
• Prepares, revises and changes engineering drawings on CADD System.
• Gathers supporting data and prepares detailed drawings which show dimensions and specifications of facility, utility, and related information.
• Meets designated schedule deadlines for delivering drawings.
• Prepares detailed layout, assembly, and working drawings; files and indexes drawings.
• Ensures plans are in accordance with project scope, client specifications, and standards.
• Works from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer generated drawings, overlays, graphs, and charts.
• Using technical data from specifications and site surveys, prepares drawing documentation for engineering change proposals and engineering installation plans for the installation/upgrade of complex electronic communications equipment.
• Defines and prepares illustrations for technical publications including INSCOM/IC regulations and pamphlets. Prepares documentation for briefings and technical reports.
• Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.