Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer experienced in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods to support the Air Force Research Lab. This role will help develop next generation autonomous systems through defining requirements, architectures, and interfaces for the systems. MBSE tools such as NoMagic Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) will be used to create DODAF, UAF, and or SysML models. This individual will also advise AFRL and Leidos SMEs as to additional applications and methods to promote model-based engineering.
As a Systems Engineer with Leidos the primary role & responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Use MBSE methodologies and tools in a challenging environment to explore how autonomous systems can be develop and tested more effectively.
- Exercise existing tools and models and create new models to represent new and emerging systems.
- Support innovative new weapons and technologies and develop performance models.
- Perform sensitivity and Reliability analysis against the defined requirements to validate the proposed system.
- Interact with USAF leaders by developing reports and presentations which highlight the effectiveness of new technologies.
- Lead and develop a team of system engineers.
- Bachelor's degree with a least 12 years of related experience or a Master's degree with at least 10 years of related experience. Additional
- experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Applicants must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain SECRET clearance
- Must have the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team
- Must have experience with DODAF/UAF and SysML
- Must have experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with using tools such as NoMagic CSM and IBM tool suite to do MBSE modeling. As well as experience with executable SysML
- simulation capabilities and scripting languages.
- Experience with Agile SW development methods.
- Understanding of military CONOPS and autonomous systems
- Experience in simulation environments such as MATLAB or other relevant mathematical modeling tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.