The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy (MC&FP) is directly responsible for programs and policies that establish and support community quality of life programs for service members and their families worldwide. The MC&FP Casualty and Mortuary Affairs (CMA) Office is responsible for leading, developing, and executing casualty and mortuary affairs to support DoD-directed missions for present and past conflicts, and serving as lead agent for the Defense Casualty Information Processing System (DCIPS). DCIPS is a web-enabled database which processes casualty and mortuary affairs reports, provides case management of casualties, and allows for the interactive exchange of data between the military services’ CMA Offices, their regional centers, and the military commanding units responsible for the reporting of service member casualties.
The Senior Technical Program Manager provides program management support. This includes the management and oversight of all activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the requirements identified in this Performance Work Statement (PWS). Responsible for the technical and management direction over multi-disciplined teams.
Responsible for driving each project to success, ensuring delivery on schedule and within budget. This includes tracking and reporting schedules, schedule variances, and developing contingency plans to bring the project back to alignment with the schedule. Coordinate related efforts with other Government offices, personnel, and contractors supporting the mission.
- Manpower reporting
- Coordinate Project kickoff meeting
- Prepare monthly status reports
- Convene technical status meetings
- Prepare and update a project management plan
- Prepare trip reports
- Provide quality management
- Annual close-out reports and briefings
- Transition in/out plans
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field
- A minimum of 10 years of DoD technical PM experience, to include experience in planning, directing, and managing complex IT projects and operations
- 15-20 years of Project and Program Management experience with successive growth and responsibilities
- A minimum of 8 years of experience leading transformative IT/DEVSECOPS initiatives and championing end-to-end innovative software solutions
- 6-10 years of experience managing $5-$50 million a year Application Development projects, including custom application development and/or low code application configuration in a disciplined Agile environment
- Has experience managing multiple, integrated and remote development teams through the Software Development life Cycle (SDLC)
- DoD Casualty and Mortuary Affairs mission experience and expertise desired
- Possess a current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional certification
- Possess one of the following certifications: Global IA Certification (GIAC), Global Security Leadership Certification (GSLC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or another DoD 8570.01-M Level 3 authorized IAT/IAM certification
- Active Secret Clearance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.