Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team working on a next generation cyber AI platform? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path. The research and development will support Leidos programs and new business areas in the Defense and Intelligence markets.
The Cloud Solution Architect will play a key role in the Intel group with a primary focus on shared project software development. As part of a team, you will help to develop a platform for simulating cyber network defense and offense, including: anomaly detection and insider threat detection, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing for perimeter, mid-point and end-point defense. You will have the ability to work remotely with a diverse and geographically distributed team of AI/ML and cybersecurity experts on modern Cyber-AI problems working from the comfort of your own home.
• Work with a team of machine learning researchers and cyber security experts on designing experiments and subsystems.
• Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
• Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a science related field and 4+ years of experience or Master's and 2+ years of experience. Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Demonstrated expertise in software development, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
• Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
• Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies inclusive of: GitLab, Jira
• Experience with containerization using: AWS ECS, Docker
• Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VirtualBox.
• Any experience with penetration testing, malware analysis, network traffic analysis.
• Willingness to learn cloud machine learning operations and microservices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.